|Manufacturer|| Carrington Institute|
|Type||Personal Defense Weapon|
|Primary Mode||Rapid Fire|
|Damage (per Hit)||Low|
|Rate of Fire||1100 RPM|
|Ammo Type||Pistol Rounds|
|Magazine Capacity||120 Rounds|
|Maximum Ammo||800 Rounds|
|Appears in||Perfect Dark|
Packing a 120 round magazine and an outstanding rate of fire at 1100 rounds per minute, the RC-P120 completley outperforms every other automatic weapon in the game. The gun's damage output is incredibly high, even more than the K7 Avenger, and it's high accuracy profile along with it's blistering rate of fire can make short work of any and all foes, even against shielded enemies and the Skedar.
The gun also packs a handy secondary mode; a built-in Cloaking Device. The gun consumes ammunition somewhat quickly from it's magazine to power the cloak, and will continually draw from it as long as the cloak is active and the ammunition supply can hold out. Reloading the gun before or after the cloak has consumed the magazine will not cause the cloak to deactivate, but the cloak can be interrupted at any time by firing the gun. The cloak will in turn reactivate after attacks have ceased for a brief period. Needless to say, frequent reloading is to be expected, as the gun can consume it's entire magazine within seconds during sustained fire, and even faster when coupled with the cloak.
- Carrington Institute: Defense - Appears by the firing range, and needs to be picked up to complete an objective.
- In-game, the manufacturer is listed as Chesluk Industries, despite the fact that Foster had been working on it and the description mentions it being made by Carrington Institute.
- However, even if the weapon was manufactured by Chesluk, it is possible that Foster was "fixing" it up for the agents, such as the cloaking device in the weapon. Chesluk Industries (CI) may also be considered a working front for the Carrington Institute (CI) or may have lended the original design for the Institute to modify for its operations.
- The RC-P120 is loosely based on the FN P90 (the name is a reference to the RC-P90 in Goldeneye and the later RCP-90 featured in Perfect Dark Zero, which are more direct copies of the P90; it is present as a classic weapon in Perfect Dark as the RC-P45). Unlike the P90, the magazine for the RCP120 does not feed from the top; there is a magazine well in the receiver, behind the fire controls, like a conventional bullpup weapon.
- The RC-P120 shares the same firing sound as the ZZT (9mm).
|Perfect Dark - Weapons and Gadgets|
|Weapons|| Unarmed • Falcon 2 • MagSec 4 • Mauler • Phoenix • DY357 Magnum • DY357-LX • CMP-150 • Cyclone •|
Callisto NTG • RC-P120 • Laptop Gun • Dragon • K7 Avenger • AR34 • SuperDragon • Shotgun • Reaper •
Sniper Rifle • FarSight XR-20 • Devastator • Rocket Launcher • Slayer • Combat Knife • Crossbow • Tranquilizer • Laser • Grenade • Timed Mine • Proximity Mine • Remote Mine • N-Bomb • Psychosis Gun
|Classic Weapons||PP9i • CC13 • KL01313 • KF7 Special • ZZT (9mm) • DMC • AR53 • RC-P45|
|Gadgets|| Shield • Data Uplink • ECM Mine • CamSpy • Night Vision • R-Tracker • Tracer Bug • Reprogrammer • BombSpy • Cloaking Device • Door Decoder • Comms Rider • Explosives • X-Ray Scanner • Disguise • Alien Medpack •|
DrugSpy • Horizon Scanner • Suitcase • President Scanner • R-Tracker • IR Scanner • Target Amplifier •
Skedar Bomb • Combat Boost • Suicide Pill