Handheld, Single handed
|Damage Per Hit||
The Maas P9P is a popular pistol and the signature weapon of Joanna Dark for some time.
The Maas P9P is a semi-automatic pistol with a nine round magazine. It uses the .45 ACP round, making it more damaging than standard pistols. It features no external hammer. Commercially available, the P9P is a very reliable pistol. It is easily modified for attachments. It is ideal for infiltration missions, as it is the only pistol in Perfect Dark Zero that can be fitted with a suppressor.
The P9P is an accurate and damaging pistol. It has sufficient range and includes a telescopic sight.
This pistol does have a small magazine which is expended fairly quickly.
Joanna Dark used this as her primary weapon for a number of years. In Initial Vector, it is the pistol she purchases when out on her own. In Second Front, Joanna uses the P9P for the majority of her mission. The Carrington Institute outfitted its combat units with this as a backup weapon, as did dataDyne. Leland Shaw was known to possess a custom P9P with a titanium slide.
Perfect Dark Zero
This weapon appears in every level, minus the last one.
- Datacore Demolition
- Nightclub Stakeout
- Subway Retrieval
- Rooftops Escape
- Mansion Infiltration
- Laboratory Rescue
- River Extraction
- Trinity Infiltration
- Trinity Escape
- Jungle Storm
- Temple Surveillance
- Outpost Rescue
- Bridge Assault
Perfect Dark: Initial Vector
- At the start of Chapter 16 Jo manages to buy one after running from the Institute. Its lack of major appearance in Perfect Dark seemingly summed up by the fact that by Initial Vector, it became a gun in short demand. Nobody wanted it anymore.
Perfect Dark: Second Front
- In Chapter 8, Leland Shaw has it underneath the table when Chun Fan comes to speak to him in the bar. When he pulls it from under the table a little later, it is described as the fancier model with a titanium slide.
- In Chapter 27, Jonathan Steinberg, along with Anita Velez and the rest of his team are equip[ed with silenced P9Ps as well as suppressed Fairchilds.
- In Chapter 30, Shaw uses his custom P9P to shoot Steinberg twice in the chest shortly before he takes Cassandra DeVries' personal assistant Gabrielle Shephard hostage.
- The P9P makes its last apperence in Chapter 31 when Shaw makes a half-hearted attempt to get his P9P shortly before Joanna kills him.
- This weapon is based off the Walther P99, James Bond's current preferred firearm.
- In several cutscenes of Perfect Dark Zero, Joanna has been seen multiple times wielding a P9P stripped of its scope, flashlight, and silencer, as well as its black finish (as seen to the right).