|Model||Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Series|
|Primary Mode||Single Shot|
|Secondary Mode||EMP Marker (Combat Arena)|
|Damage (per Hit)||High|
|Rate of Fire||Low|
|Ammo Type||Rifle (12.7mm)|
The Jackal is a bolt-action sniper rifle found in Perfect Dark Zero.
Vaguely based on an Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Series with a non-functional suppressor, the Jackal, classified as a heavy weapon, is a bolt-action sniper rifle with highly damaging rounds. As such, after each shot, it is reloaded.
In the Combat Arena only, the Jackal has a secondary fire called the EMP Marker, which scrambles enemy radar while also pinpointing an object or location to friendly radar.
The Jackal is an extremely powerful and accurate weapon, capable of killing enemies in at least one shot, especially if aiming for the head. Being extremely accurate, the Jackal will almost never miss a stationary target.
The Jackal is a rather threatening weapon in the Combat Arena as well, capable of instantly killing players whose health is below 70%.
Due to being a bolt-action sniper rifle, the Jackal is automatically reloaded after each shot, and the reloading time is rather lengthy, so take cover while reloading. However, the reloading animation can be stopped after the bullet is inserted into the gun. Additionally, the Jackal cannot hit moving targets easily unless they are large in size (e.g. Hovercrafts).
As a heavy weapon, the Jackal takes up three weapon slots and will slow the player's movement down.
The Jackal is a commonly found sniper rifle in the game, often in the hands of dataDyne soldiers.
- Rooftops Escape - Carried by security team snipers throughout the level.
- Mansion Infiltration - dataDyne guards at the towers carry this weapon, so be careful and take them out before they get the chance to shoot.
- Trinity Infiltration - Found in a weapons locker at the observatory. There are also three Trinity Research Platform snipers with this weapon, so before entering the facility, kill them to avoid taking too much damage.
- Outpost Rescue - Found in weapons lockers and carried by one of Jonathan Steinberg's buddies.
- Bridge Assault - dataDyne snipers at the ruins carry this weapon.
- Arena Showdown - May be dropped onto the player's platform after Zhang Li regenerates his health.
- The Jackal is named after the animal of the same name.
- The Jackal's scope is covered when the weapon is dropped. When in use, the scope is uncovered.
|Perfect Dark Zero - Weapons and Gadgets|
|Weapons|| Unarmed • P9P • Falcon • MagSec 4 • DY357 Magnum • Psychosis Gun • CMP-150 • DW-P5 • UGL Liberator • RCP-90 • Laptop Gun • FAC-16 • KSI-74 • SuperDragon • M60 • Jackal • Plasma Rifle • Shockwave •|
Rocket Launcher • DEF-12 Shotgun • Viblade • Hawk Boomerang • Frag Grenade • Flashbang • MultiMine
|Gadgets|| Combat Shield • Datathief • Locktopus • Demo Kit • Audioscope • CamSpy • Revive Kit • Nightvision Goggles •|
Threat Detector Goggles • X-Ray Goggles • Stationary Turret