|Primary Mode||Single Shot|
|Secondary Mode|| Pistol Whip (PD)|
Decoy Shot (PDZ)
|Damage (per Hit)||Heavy|
|Accuracy||Medium - High|
|Rate of Fire||Low|
|Ammo Type||.357 Magnum Rounds|
|Magazine Capacity||6 Rounds|
|Maximum Ammo|| 200 Rounds (PD)|
72 Rounds (PDZ)
|Appears in|| Perfect Dark|
Perfect Dark Zero
Hong Kong Sunrise
The DY357 is a revolver pistol with a six round cylinder. The hammer action must be manually cocked after every shot (in Perfect Dark Zero). While this is usually quite slow, if the trigger is pulled rapidly, the player will "fan" the hammer rapidly, speeding up the rate of fire. It has a walnut hand grip. Some models featured a decoy shot function, which could throw off adversaries as to the user's location. Several custom models exist, designed specifically for their respective owners. It is also durable and heavy enough to be used as a bludgeoning weapon.
dataDyne produced custom models for anyone who wanted to personalize their weapon. Trent Easton was known to carry a custom gold plated model capable of firing the .357 caliber round at a higher speed than the standard DY357, allowing for lethal kills on any part of the body. Jack Dark had a model with a black rubber grip with a custom gold star.
While Jonathan Steinberg did not have his own custom magnum, he was a large advocate of the weapon. Some of the G5 Corporation guards also armed themselves with the weapon. Within Zhang Li's mansion, every member of the response teams used the magnum. Joanna Dark absolutely hated the weapon, refusing even to use it to qualify with it at the Carrington Institute firing range, because her father used the weapon. She even views Jonathan in a negative light for using the weapon, believing, "He is trying to compensate for something".
The round of the Magnum is highly damaging. It can penetrate body armor, as well as some surfaces. The rounds are powerful enough to knock targets back. It can drop a fully armored target in just a few shots which is made easier when the weapon is used in pairs. It has good accuracy and range. It is capable of firing a silenced shot which will attach itself to a surface before detonating, which can be used to distract adversaries.
The Magnum has a small six round cylinder and the weapon's hammer action must be manually cocked after each shot, causing a delay between shots. Because of this, the Magnum runs out of ammo quickly and is a slow weapon to fire and reload. The Magnum also generates a loud report upon firing, making it unsuitable for actions and operations that emphasize or require stealth.
- dataDyne Central: Extraction - A hidden weapon, obtained by killing the first five guards without being seen. The fifth guard drops the gun.
- Chicago: Stealth - Used by the FBI agents.
- G5 Building: Reconnaissance - Used by the G5 SWAT guards.
- Area 51: Escape - Used by Jonathan Steinberg.
- Pelagic II: Exploration - Used by the pilot on the bridge that attacks Joanna.
- Hotshot, the Simulant buddy, uses this weapon, paired with a DY357-LX.
- Datacore Demolition - Carried by Jack. This is a special model, but cannot be saved from this mission.
- Rooftops Escape - Jack and a few dataDyne guards carry this weapon. It can also be found in a locked crate.
- Laboratory Rescue - dataDyne's response teams consist of female guards armed with DY357s. Be careful of them.
- River Extraction - dataDyne's response teams consist of female guards armed with DY357s. Be careful of them.
- Trinity Infiltration - Carried by "The Brothers" after they deploy their sentry guns.
- Jungle Storm - Found in an armory in the village.
- Outpost Rescue - Various dataDyne soldiers use this weapon.
- Bridge Assault - Jonathan Steinberg uses this weapon throughout the mission. A few dataDyne soldiers also use this weapon.
- Mentioned in Chapter 21 in the shooting range, Joanna completely refuses to use the gun due to the fact her father used the gun type. When Steinberg mentions that he uses the gun himself, Joanna implies that he is compensating for something.
- During Chapter 30, Steinberg uses his DY to distract and take out several Hawk mercenaries in order for him and Joanna to capture their prisoner Dr. Rose.
- Through Chapters 31 to 33, Steinberg is knocked out by Anita Velez and disarmed. His pistol is then used by Dr. Rose to shoot himself (having received the gun from Cassandra De Vries, who Velez gave it to) and later used by Joanna to kill Laurent Hayes.
- Jack Dark carries one throughout the comic
- Jack Dark first shows the gun on the Page 2 and 3 spread when he has gotten hold of the thug.
- It is shown again on Page 5 when Joanna is cleaning the guns. It is on the table.
- The weapon appears in Rooftops Escape in locked cases, which can be opened with the Locktopus.
- This weapon is based off the Colt Python.
- Simulants in the Combat Simulator are able to fire this weapon much faster than players.
- Bots in the Combat Arena cannot fire the DY357 faster than the player can fire it quickly.
|Perfect Dark - Weapons and Gadgets|
|Weapons|| Unarmed • Falcon 2 • MagSec 4 • Mauler • Phoenix • DY357 Magnum • DY357-LX • CMP-150 • Cyclone •|
Callisto NTG • RC-P120 • Laptop Gun • Dragon • K7 Avenger • AR34 • SuperDragon • Shotgun • Reaper •
Sniper Rifle • FarSight XR-20 • Devastator • Rocket Launcher • Slayer • Combat Knife • Crossbow • Tranquilizer • Laser • Grenade • Timed Mine • Proximity Mine • Remote Mine • N-Bomb • Psychosis Gun
|Classic Weapons||PP9i • CC13 • KL01313 • KF7 Special • ZZT (9mm) • DMC • AR53 • RC-P45|
|Gadgets|| Shield • Data Uplink • ECM Mine • CamSpy • Night Vision • R-Tracker • Tracer Bug • Reprogrammer • BombSpy • Cloaking Device • Door Decoder • Comms Rider • Explosives • X-Ray Scanner • Disguise • Alien Medpack •|
DrugSpy • Horizon Scanner • Suitcase • President Scanner • R-Tracker • IR Scanner • Target Amplifier •
Skedar Bomb • Combat Boost • Suicide Pill
|Perfect Dark Zero - Weapons and Gadgets|
|Weapons|| Unarmed • P9P • Falcon • MagSec 4 • DY357 Magnum • Psychosis Gun • CMP-150 • DW-P5 • UGL Liberator • RCP-90 • Laptop Gun • FAC-16 • KSI-74 • SuperDragon • M60 • Jackal • Plasma Rifle • Shockwave •|
Rocket Launcher • DEF-12 Shotgun • Viblade • Hawk Boomerang • Frag Grenade • Flashbang • MultiMine
|Gadgets|| Combat Shield • Datathief • Locktopus • Demo Kit • Audioscope • CamSpy • Revive Kit • Nightvision Goggles •|
Threat Detector Goggles • X-Ray Goggles • Stationary Turret